Wowza Community

Installer hangs 4.01 exe for Win

Windows 8.1

installer hanging at 'creating the Wowza Streaming engine Services"

Have previously removed V 3.6 and rebooted

Will have to reboot and try again

Not good.

After re install, I could not get it to work, lots of errors, sorry I did not grab the screen.

So I tried to uninstall and it hangs at 'removing Wowza Streaming Engine Services":

Now what. Wowza 3.6 installed and worked fine

Maybe it is not supposed to work on Win 8.1?

Hi,

Glad you got to the Manager web UI now.

It could be a license issue, check the wowzastreamingengine_access.log in the [install-dir]/logs folder

for any messages regarding license issues. Post what you see here (make sure not to post your complete license text though)

Try to startup in standalone mode, go to the [install-dir]/bin folder and execute the startup.bat or startup.sh scripts.

If this launches without errors, then it’s likely your service doesn’t start because of possible permissions issues.

One solution is to set the Wowza Streaming Engine service to use a Login Account, instead of a Local System Account.

Daren

Is there any fix for this issue?

This issue is not encountered on WMS 4.03 installation. Thank you.

Eventually got to web admin page, looked ok but then this

Please Sign In

To continue, enter the user name and password you entered during installation.

Wowza Streaming Engine Manager could not connect to the Wowza Steaming Engine (http://localhost:8087). Verify that the Wowza Streaming Engine service has started and is running.

In the services I try to start the Streaming Engine, it starts and then closes again saying

" The Wowza Service Engine 4.01 service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs"

You my friend are nothing short of a genius!!

There was nothing in the logs folder, it was empty but the other suggestions were spot on.

Having said that. I don’t think there is anything unusual about my system that is different to anyone else’s on Win 8.1. The service being blocked on local system account is probably a bug for Windows 8.1 and Wowza ???