Wowza Community

Wowza Blcoked my IP

Hi, after install Wowza Streaming Engine (in Azure) and open all ports i tryed to open the Engine Manager and after login i get a error XML saying that my IP has been blocked. How unlock my IP? What reasons this blocking happen?

It sounds as though you might need to whitelist your IP.

Hi,

Please post all responses in English.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi,

Please do not post the same question in multiple places.

I can see you asked this question HERE.

Jason

Hi,

Please update to the latest version, I believe the REST API was not available with a subscription license in the earlier versions of Wowza Streaming Engine (built when the REST API was in private preview).

Regards,

Jason

Hi all,

we´re testing REST api and we are able to access the documentation and test it. But, when we want to restrict access to the documentation and the use to the methods, I fill in the IP address which is authorized to access in ipwhitelist (Server.xml)… but after doing that I lose access to the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, it says that the access is blocked. I understand that the problem is the IP in ipwhitelist. I would like to restrict access to documentation and methos in REST api but not to WSEM. Any Idea? Thanks.

Matheus,

provavelmente o WSE Manager está desligado, vc pode instalar o serviço (InstallWowzaStreamingEngineManager-Service.bat) ou liga-lo sob standalone (startmgr.bat), dá uma olhada na pasta: wowza\manager\bin

Luis

That was it, thanks, i inserted * in whitelist property.

One more detail, i received XML response because i trying to access Engine Manager on port 8087 and this port is for REST API, myip:8088 is inaccessible (this port are open on Azure), any idea why port 8088 its inaccessible?

Now on myip:8087 i get error XML like previous with message “REST API is not licensed”.

Obrigado, resolvi aqui, era isso mesmo.

getting “REST API is not licensed”

REST API is not licensed

on accessing REST methods at http://:8087

Cant even open it from RESTAPIDocumentationWebpage/index.html as it reads CORS issue on http://:8089/api-docs

my server.xml look as follows :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Wowza Streaming Engine

Wowza Streaming Engine is robust, customizable, and scalable server software that powers reliable streaming of high-quality video and audio to any device, anywhere.

true

digest

false

false

JKS

TLS

SunX509

false

true

none

restUserHTTPHeaders

Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*|Access-Control-Allow-Methods:OPTIONS,GET,PUT,DELETE,POST

${com.wowza.wms.TuningAuto}

Server,VHost,VHostItem,Application,ApplicationInstance,MediaCaster,Module,IdleWorker

true

false

${com.wowza.amazonaws.ec2.AWSEC2_METADATA_PUBLIC_HOSTNAME}

${com.wowza.amazonaws.ec2.AWSEC2_METADATA_PUBLIC_HOSTNAME}

true

${com.wowza.wms.ConfigHome}/conf/jmxremote.password

${com.wowza.wms.ConfigHome}/conf/jmxremote.access

false

Shockwave Flash|CFNetwork|MacNetwork/1.0 (Macintosh)

mp4

com.wowza.wms.plugin.amazonaws.ec2.env.ServerListenerEC2Variables

com.wowza.wms.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheServerListener

false