I was wondering if anyone can suggest what might be the reason for the following,
Doing a live stream with a constant application variables I test 2 encoders. wirecast and livestream studio. I am using the Wowza Transcoder option and my highest quality stream is the "source", then I have 2 lower quality varients from the transcoder.
I am playing the stream in a Silverlight player from Expression encoder on my webiste.
I find that when using the wirecast encoder that the streams I view do not reliably switch and also the player seems to not find the bandwidth as good as when using the Livestream Studio encoder. Since they both are set at the same output bit rates I don't understand why Livestream encoding generates a much better viewing experience