Wowza Community

Disconnect streams that have not had any connections for some past duration(say 2hrs)

Hi,

How can a listener be implemented to disconnect all those streams that have not had any connections for some past duration say 2 hrs?

I am working with live streams from IP Cameras.

My requirement is to start all streams in content directory on server startup. For that I am using ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor.

Now, firslty, if there are some streams that have not been played for some long time, I want to stop them.

And, secondly, start them again when play has been requested. Although this can be somewhat achieved using rtp-live stream type (https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-mediacaster-api-to-start-native-rtp-and-mpeg-ts-streams). But the 60 sec idle time is too less time for our requirements.

Thanks,

Mayank

Hi,

Is there an alternate way to stop streams without any connections after some timeout value specified?

Any response in this regard would be helpful.

Mayank.

Mayank,

In my test with StreamType “rtp-live” it only takes 10 seconds for the Wowza RTPMediaCaster to unpublish a MediaCaster stream after the RTMP playback client disconnects. So you might consider just using StreamType rtp-live if you are supporting RTMP playback clients.

Richard

Mayank,

Right, yes, with HTTP clients a live stream has to be started so packetizing can begin and be ready for playback.

Richard

Hi Richard,

So does that mean there is no other way to disconnect streams from IP cameras that no one has been watching for past some time and there will be incoming data feeds from those cameras for like forever? :frowning:

We are also supporting iOS devices so using rtp-live as stream type is not a viable solution for us.

Mayank.