Thread: RTMPE AddOn with Wowza Streaming Engine?

Default RTMPE AddOn with Wowza Streaming Engine?

I needed to install a new Wowa server for our videoconferencing application. We use our own Flash Player application to connect all participants to a live videoconference app. To make sure anyone can join, even behind restrictive firewalls and both publish and receive video streams, we apply a cascade of connection methods available to Flash Player: RTMPE over ports 1935, 443 and 80, then 2 flavours of RTMPTE, then RTMPT and finally RTMPS. We have made our trade-off decision between security and overhead and chose to use RTMPE over RTMPS.

I installed version 4.0.1 of Wowza and got a trial license while doing all the configuration. I added the wms-transport-security.jar I had downloaded for 3.6.x earlier on and added it to the lib dir.

I adapted my Application.xml files and got all my apps running if I just use RTMP. But using RTMPE, I get the error "Wowza RTMPE AddOn not installed". Do I need a special version of the wms-transport-security jar? Do I need to set any of the parameters to include it?

Please help.

Sander Kruger.

Hi Sander,

Sorry for the delay. This should work. As far as I know there is not an updated version of this add-on for RTMPE, so using that .jar file should be okay. Is this still a problem?