Thread: Higher bitrate for non-WiFi (4G/LTE)

Default Higher bitrate for non-WiFi (4G/LTE)

With the increasing coverage of 4G/LTE and faster bandwidth on these network, could we have an option to have higher bitrate?

You can configure an application for Adaptive Bitrate Streaming and send the highest quality stream the network can support to the device. As the network speed fluctuates, the stream with switch between different bitrates:
    How to do adaptive bitrate streaming

Salvadore

@Salvadore - I understand the adaptive bitrate. Was there a recent update to the app? Because before when I am not on WiFi and on 4G/LTE - it didn't let me pick higher video size such as HD (1080p) - it would only let me do 480x360. But I just tested it on LTE and it let me stream at HD (1080p).

Hi,
    1080p support was added in GoCoder version 1.3.0, select-able by devices that support it.
    Additionally, in version GoCoder 1.3.0 the frame size and bitrate limitation was lifted for Cellular networks.

Daren

Hi Daren

I use the newest version of Gocoder 1.4.3 for Iphone 6 but I still got frame size limitation (480-360) when using cellular networks.
    According to your post the limit was removed in ver. 1.3.0 ? What should I do to remove this limit?

Janus

Quote Originally Posted by daren_j View Post
    Hi,
    1080p support was added in GoCoder version 1.3.0, select-able by devices that support it.
    Additionally, in version GoCoder 1.3.0 the frame size and bitrate limitation was lifted for Cellular networks.

Daren

Hi,
    Try the most recent update for iOS GoCoder, version 1.4.4. It should allow the higher resolutions on 3G/4G networks.

Daren