Wowza Community

pushpublish

Hi,

I am currently trying to write http provider to restart (and provide status) on pushpublish streams. We send a stream to the transcoder module which in turn creates streams for onwards publishing. Sometimes ( too regularly these published streams fail) and it would be nice to retrigger the push, without retriggering the transcode process which creates it. (imagine a transcoded stream being sent to two different CDN’s, one os working and one doesn’t. I’d like to stop/start the non responsive CDN and also get back status and destination addresses for double checking etc.

I know the app, appinstance and streamname and hence have an IMediastream object. How do I know if this is being pushpublished? ( the other way round is easy and givenn the code example i.e. publisher.getWhatever). Or another way of asking is how do I get a list of destination addresses and statuses from a stream?

We dont use the custom module to create a list of publishers as a module but rely on xml configuration for that. So How do I get the list or publishers from appinstance or stream??

of course this really out to be part of the new interface, together with info and restart ability for transcode sessions with a nice natty thumbnail of what is being transcoded…

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

I am currently trying to write http provider to restart (and provide status) on pushpublish streams. We send a stream to the transcoder module which in turn creates streams for onwards publishing. Sometimes ( too regularly these published streams fail) and it would be nice to retrigger the push, without retriggering the transcode process which creates it. (imagine a transcoded stream being sent to two different CDN’s, one os working and one doesn’t. I’d like to stop/start the non responsive CDN and also get back status and destination addresses for double checking etc.

I know the app, appinstance and streamname and hence have an IMediastream object. How do I know if this is being pushpublished? ( the other way round is easy and givenn the code example i.e. publisher.getWhatever). Or another way of asking is how do I get a list of destination addresses and statuses from a stream?

We dont use the custom module to create a list of publishers as a module but rely on xml configuration for that. So How do I get the list or publishers from appinstance or stream??

of course this really out to be part of the new interface, together with info and restart ability for transcode sessions with a nice natty thumbnail of what is being transcoded…

Thanks,

Joe

any update on this? I notice the JMX carries a object called pushpublish at the very top, above the vhost. Could this be used? I’d really like some assistance.

thanks,

Joe