Wowza Community

VLC stream to streaming engine

Hi there, I’ve just downloaded the trial software and been trying to pick a stream encoded and sent by VLC. I am using the following command:

vlc -vvv input_stream_file --sout ‘#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,acodec=mpga,vb=800,ab=128,deinterlace} : rtp{sdp=rtsp://192.168.1.107:8554/}’

When running, I can connect to the stream in VLC from another LAN connected device.

I followed tutorial (link below) exactly as worded but cannot get Wowza to connect to the stream and display it.

The error message when trying to play back says “stream not found/access denied”. There also appear to be no connections. This is probably something very obvious, apologies but I am new to this and just learning.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming

Shannon

Shannon,

Take a look at this VLC guide, then at the MPEG-TS re-streaming guide here.

Richard

Thank you Richard, eventually got it… the VLC command that worked for me in Ubuntu was

vlc -vvv input_stream_file --sout ‘#rtp{dst=127.0.0.1,port=10000,mus=ts}’

Did not need any transcoding since my input file is h264 already from an IP camera

Also, I think the specifying the right url in ‘add streams’ as udp://0.0.0.0:1000 did the trick! Thanks again

Shannon