Wowza Community

JWPlayer Error#1009 with Transcoder + DVR

So I have this problem and don’t know how to show you unless I have the stream happening constantly, based off an EC2 I can not afford to just keep it running.

The wowza startup packe includes a live app that has Transcoder with 4 streams in HLS, Smooth Streaming and RTMP, it also has DVR with 1 hour limit.

My player embed is using JW PLayer Enterprise and HLS Manifest source.

It seems when the source switches in Auto mode the playback stops with ERROR#1009. If I set manual quality, all streams play, it is only Auto mode.

When I play the page on an iPad there is no problem at all.

When I play with a Silverlight player there is no problem at all.

When I use a localhost and stream, connecting to view from a 4G modem , the problem still happens, so this means it is not an EC2 issue.

How can I debug this?

Anybody else doing live streaming with woza and JW player premium or above care to comment?

Many Wowza customers are using JW Player for HLS playback. For full nDVR features you need the Enterprise license (or Ads license) from JW Player.

Richard

if the source is included in a StreamNameGroup (ngrp) MediaList, then try removing it. It might not be aligned with the renditions.

I saw nDVR problems recently with JW player with odd key frame frequency and b-frames involved. We have found that 2 second key frame frequency (gop/fps) is ideal.

Richard

ERROR#1009 is a flash error. It is the flash equivalent of a Java NullPointerException.

If you use a debug version of the flash plugin in your browser then you will also get a dialog popup with more detail, possibly also including a stack trace so you can give this to the JW Player engineers to look at.

The issue is with the JW player flash version so you would need to contact them to try to remedy.

Roger.

Thanks, I was sure it is the player at fault. A few other people in the JW forum have issues along this workflow, though not the same error exactly as I.

At this point in time, Wowza + JW Player with HLS to desktop is really in question

that’s what I was using

I can try that, something I did not think of… Though it should not happen as per all documents I have read seem to suggest the renditions are aligned to the source.

also, I tried firstly with smil file then with ngrp , both had the problem.