Wowza Community

Live streaming: video flicker but the audio is good

Hi,

I just upgraded to Wowza Streaming Engine.

When I tried to do a live streaming, the audio is good but the video is flicker, I mean the video sometimes go black in several seconds then come up again.

I use teradek vidiu as the encoder. When still in Wowza 3.5, the live streaming was very good.

What thing should I check to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for the help

Hi there, are you using Wowza 3.5 configuration files in Wowza Streaming Engine? It is recommended to only use previous configuration files as reference.

Can you detail the encoder settings?

Video codec

Bitrate

Keyframe interval (GOP length)

And what player you are testing playback in?

Salvadore

That’s an interesting solution. But it sounds like it is working so that is great, thanks for the update!

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

1st thank you for the respond. 2nd sorry for not back to this thread for a long time.

I use wowza 4.0.3. After weeks of trials, I think I found the cause of the problem that is the overheat of the encoder.

I use Vidiu as the encoder.

Why I think I found that the Vidiu as the problem?

The stream will be smooth on the beginning and then it will start to flick after around 1 hour (We usually stream for around 1 hour 45 minutes).

I had contacted the distributor and they already gave the substitution of it. It is better than the old one, but still if the encoder is too hot, the stream will

start to flick. So the solution for me is put it near the air condition and the problem is gone :slight_smile: