I would like to create my own stream as it was possible for Wowza3.x

[HTML]

my_stream

my_stream

test.MyStream

com.wowza.wms.stream.live.MediaStreamLivePlay

[/HTML]

I do not see conf/Streams.xml file.

Could you advice how to configure the custom stream?

This file is no longer exposed, but you can add these properties to the Application.xml/Streams Properties container to alter that particular application.

Salvadore

In my test, you can’t extend a stream this way in Application.xml /Streams. I tried adding bogus ClassBase and ClassPlay to /Streams root and Properties container. But most or all the other Property settings found in the Wowza 3 Streams.xml can be set in the Application.xml /Streams.

Richard

Alexey,

Open a ticket by writing to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

Thanks, but how can I add

<ClassBase>test.MyStream</ClassBase>

?

It’s main issue for me. I want to use my own class for stream. Is it possible?

It seems Wowza4/Manager has internal config or database where the stream’s settings are configured.

Is there way to change the configuration?

Hi,

For reference, this was also handled in support ticket # 111439

Daren

Is it still not possible to create custom stream type via configs (the old Streams.xml functionality)?

I’m looking at migrating a custom module from 3.6.4 to 4.1.0 which depends heavily on the use of a custom streamtype.

Hello folks.

You can access the Streams.xml file by unzipping the wms-server.jar located in [install-dir]/lib/wms-server.jar.

First copy wms-server.jar to temp area to avoid creating multiple directories and or overwriting anything.

Then use this command to retrieve the Streams.xml file:

unzip  wms-server.jar com/wowza/wms/conf/Streams.xml

You will then customize it and save it to the [install-dir]/conf directory.

I hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Is it still not possible to create custom stream type via configs (the old Streams.xml functionality)?

I’m looking at migrating a custom module from 3.6.4 to 4.1.0 which depends heavily on the use of a custom streamtype.

We are also planning to migrate to the latest Wowza media server (Wowza Streaming Engine 4.1.1). Our current configuration involves modifying the Stream.xml file. Adding modifications on the target ClassBase of the StreamType.

Is this possible? Our site is using Wowza media server since 2009. We have some custom ClassBase that we are using. It’s a shame if we could not upgrade to the latest version of Wowza because of this limitation.