Wowza Community

Wowza 4.0.1 VOD streaming error: File is missing 'moov' atom.

Hi Wowza Team,

I upgraded from wowza 3.6 to wowza 4.0.1 and getting below error when i try to run it using file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Wowza%20Media%20Systems/Wowza%20Streaming%20Engine%204.0.1/examples/VideoOnDemandStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer/player.html, I dropped the file in content folder -

2014-03-11 11:59:56 EDT comment server WARN 404 audio-video.flv MediaReaderH264.open[2]: java.lang.Exception: QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer: File is missing ‘moov’ atom.: java.lang.Exception: QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer: File is missing ‘moov’ atom.|at com.wowza.wms.mediareader.h264.util.QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer(QTUtils.java:195)|at com.wowza.wms.mediareader.h264.MediaReaderH264.open(MediaReaderH264.java:319)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.file.PlaylistPlayer.play(PlaylistPlayer.java:777)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.file.MediaStreamFilePlay.play(MediaStreamFilePlay.java:111)|at com.wowza.wms.response.ResponseStreams.output(ResponseStreams.java:51)| - - - 714.11

we have been using wowza for years, while integrating with our application I am seeing below error, even though file exists there at location C:/myfolder/flash/9af2368dc/. but in the logs i am seeing it doesn’t show “.flv” extension with the file name. Am I missing some configuration while using wowza 4.0.1.

2014-03-11 11:56:49 EDT comment server WARN 200 - MediaReaderH264.open[vod/definst]: Not found: C:/myfolder/flash/9af2368dc/audio-video.: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\myfolder\flash\9af2368dc\audio-video (The system cannot find the file specified)|at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)|at java.io.RandomAccessFile.(RandomAccessFile.java:233)|at com.wowza.io.WowzaRandomAccessFile.(WowzaRandomAccessFile.java:12)|at com.wowza.io.DirectRandomAccessReader.open(DirectRandomAccessReader.java:222)|at com.wowza.wms.mediareader.h264.MediaReaderH264.open(MediaReaderH264.java:250)| - - - 526.661 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

here is the application.xml file -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

true

C:/myfolder/flash

seekTarget

enhanced

maxPendingSeekRequests

Integer

cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming

base

Base

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleCore

properties

Properties

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleProperties

logging

Client Logging

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleClientLogging

FLVPlayback

FLVPlayback

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFLVPlayback

cupertinoChunkDurationTarget

Integer

Thanks

Ritu

You may be getting this error if you are trying to playback a file that has H.264 video but in a.flv container, where as the file isn’t an mp4 file. Try using flv:someFile.flv

Note: .flv is not supported on iOS or Silverlight light clients.

Salvadore

Yes, the default prefix has changed to “mp4:”, but you can revert in the Wowza Manager > Server Setup > Basic tab > "Default Stream Prefix ". Change that to “flv” and re-start the server.

Richard

I had a similar problem and only discovered it after encoding nearly 2000 videos. Instead of starting over, I used this command to insert the moov atom:

[HTML]/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i ./input.mp4 -c:v copy -movflags faststart -strict -2 ./output.mp4[/HTML]

In actuality I had a different source and destination directory and so was able to batch the whole thing at once keeping same filenames.

Our files are h.264 within FLV. Is this change a new requirement for 4.x as these files play back fine in 3.x without the flv: prepended. We only use these streams within a flash player using FLVPlayback and don’t stream them to iOS.

Yes, the default prefix has changed to “mp4:”, but you can revert in the Wowza Manager > Server Setup > Basic tab > "Default Stream Prefix ". Change that to “flv” and re-start the server.

Richard

Great thank you so much

Hi Viktor, you can change this back to .flv in the [install-dir]/conf/Server.xml file, under /

Also, please see this comment regarding the admin.password issue

Salvadore

Great, thanks for the update.

Salvadore

Hello mkauzlar, and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

I am sorry, but as far as I am aware, there is no way to use different default prefixes as you are describing.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Thanks everybody for the quick response!

Hello!

Can I reach this “Default Stream Prefix” property from config files? I mean without the Manager app?

I having problems with the Manager application. (It does not accept user/pass for some reason)

Thanks

Viktor

Hello,

I put this to the Server.xml before tag:

flv

And it works! Thank You Salvadore!

Viktor

Is there a way to set this per application?

Hello,

I put this to the Server.xml before tag:

flv

And it works! Thank You Salvadore!

Viktor