Wowza Community

ModuleSecureURLParams on WowzaStreamingEngine ?

Hello,

It seems that you didn’t update your guide “How to secure publishing from an RTMP encoder that does not support authentication (ModuleSecureURLParams)”, is this still supported on WowzaStreamingEngine ? Any hope to see this in the manager GUI as well ?

Cheers

Yes, SecureURLParams is still supported in Wowza Streaming Engine. The Module Class is the same, you can follow the SecureURLParams guide to implement thru the manager.

The quick start guide explains how to add modules and properties via the UI:

Configuring Properties and Modules via Manager

Salvadore

Hello,

Even though i think i am adding the module properly, it looks like the plugin is not integrated anymore:

ModuleSecureUrlParams

Legacy security

com.wowza.wms.plugin.security.ModuleSecureURLParams

secureurlparams.publish

12345.doPublish

String

The error log shows:

WARN server comment 2014-04-22 18:25:44 - - - - - 18.104 - - - - - - - - loadModFunctions[live/definst]: Module class not found or could not be loaded. Check [install-dir]/conf/live/Application.xml to be sure all Modules/Module/Class paths are correct: name:ModuleSecureUrlParams class:com.wowza.wms.plugin.security.ModuleSecureURLParams

Also, should i disable ModuleCoreSecurity (is there any conflict) ? I am guessing that the Incoming Security frontend only affects ModuleCoreSecurity ?

Thanks ! Yes, it works now.

Also, i think that i need to set securityPublishRequirePassword to false as well (so basically, in Incoming Security i now see “Open”).

Here’s how it looks like in the Application.xml and it works.

<Module>
                                <Name>ModuleSecureUrlParams</Name>
                                <Description>Legacy security</Description>
                                <Class>com.wowza.wms.security.ModuleSecureURLParams</Class>
                        </Module>
                </Modules>
                <!-- Properties defined here will be added to the IApplication.getProperties() and IApplicationInstance.getProperties() collections -->
                <Properties>
                        <Property>
                                <Name>securityPublishRequirePassword</Name>
                                <Value>false</Value>
                                <Type>Boolean</Type>
                        </Property>
                        <Property>
                                <Name>secureurlparams.publish</Name>
                                <Value>12345.doPublish</Value>
                                <Type>String</Type>
                        </Property>
                </Properties>

From the GUI:

• modules tab, add a new module, name is ModuleSecureUrlParams, description is whatever you want, and fully qualified class name is com.wowza.wms.security.ModuleSecureURLParams

• properties tab, add new custom property, root: Application, name secureurlparams.publish and value 12345.doPublish

No, that’s fine for me, thanks ! I was just confused that i had to disable the password-based security completely.

It looks like you are using the older module Class path. Try this Class path:

com.wowza.wms.security.ModuleSecureURLParams

Remove “plugin” from the path.

Salvadore

Florent, I am glad it is working for you now. I am not sure if you are asking another question?

If so, can you please ask it again? Thanks.

Salvadore