Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: record livestream that is created and published through IPublishingProvider

Default record livestream that is created and published through IPublishingProvider

I followed this link to publish live stream(mystream) and vod stream(mp4:sample.mp4) into a livestream(publishStream) created on server-side and published using IPublishingProvider. My "live" application is using stream-type of "live-record", as IPublishingProvider is using "live" app to stream "publishstream", i expected publishstream to be recorded. But it's not recording the "publishstream".

Is the stream published through IPublishingProvider, can't be recorded? If a want to record that stream, what are my options?

Krishna

Hi,

In your code, replace
    publisher.publish(publishStreamName);
    with
    publisher.publish(publishStreamName, "record"); // or "append"
    The default method set the stream type of the publisher to the live type. To set it to record automatically, you need to use "record" or "append".

Other options are to use the LiveStreamRecord APIs to record the streams.

Roger.

Hi Roger,
    Thanx for ur quick reply. I tried publisher.publish() with both "record" and "append", but it's still not recording the stream.

krishna

Hi,

I missed this earlier but you also need to set the stream type for the publisher before calling publisher.publish.

Try this,
    publisher.setStreamType("live-record");
    publisher.publish(publishStreamName, "record");
    Roger.

See the API documentation for com.wowza.wms.stream.publish.Publisher for more details.

Roger.

Hi Roger,
    Ur suggestion in code is helpful. It worked. I created instance of publisher on "live" application and "live" application's streamType was set in .xml to "live-record". As streamType was already set to "live-record", i thought there is no need to setStreamType through api. Anyway it worked now and am facing a new problem.

The issue is: I couldn't play the recorded file.( note: The vod stream and live stream, that were sent to publisher, were of different resolutions.) As per this link, i was pushing vod stream first and then after 10 secs livestream is pushed and the cycle continues. When i play the recorded .flv file, it just plays the vod stream portion and the video freezes in the interval of live stream portion(ie. video plays for 10 secs and hangs for 10 secs in a cycle). Is difference in resolution of input streams to publisher causing the issue?

Krishna

Krishna,

I think this is the same issue as raised in this thread

Richard

Hi Richard,
    publisher.setStreamType("live-record");
    has helped to record the stream. Now the stream is getting recorded. Even I used ILiveStreamRecord to record the stream as suggested in this article. Now i am having an issue with playing that recorded file as explained in my previous post.
    The issue is: I couldn't play the recorded file.( note: The vod stream and live stream, that were sent to publisher, were of different resolutions.) As per this link, i was pushing vod stream first and then after 10 secs livestream is pushed and the cycle continues. When i play the recorded .flv file, it just plays the vod stream portion and the video freezes in the interval of live stream portion(ie. video plays for 10 secs and hangs for 10 secs in a cycle). Is difference in resolution of input streams to publisher causing the issue?
    Can i have any solution to that please?

Krishna
    Last edited by evkrishna; 03-13-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Krishna,

When a single stream or recording has transitions from one codec (audio and video) to another, some players cannot handle the transition. There is nothing you can do about this except to ensure that each stream that is recorded is as close as possible to each others' video and audio encoding.

Richard

Richard,

If it's just "some" players, i have no issues. But "none" of the players is able to play that recorded file. Just wondering if there are any options that can make that recorded file playable.
    There is nothing you can do about this except to ensure that each stream that is recorded is as close as possible to each others' video and audio encoding.
    I need to push vod stream and live stream to Publisher. I have control over the livestream to specific it's resolution and codec info, but i don't have control over static video files used with vod streams. So what should i look for?
    Thanx for the quick reply

Krishna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast