Wowza Community

A method to check the status of up-steam status

Hello,

I’m working on a web app where I use a flash client app to send a live-stream to a wowza server. Is there an exposed method from wowza that allows me to me to check the status of the connection?

The reason I need this is because I have a fixed set of channels that I want available, and any user can stream to any of these channels. So I need to handle the case of 2 users choosing to stream up to the same channel. As I understand, one of them we “acquire” the channel, the other stream wowza will ignore (since the channel would be in use). I use the same flash plugin for both streaming up and down, so I need to know when to force a switch from up-streaming to down-streaming.

Is there a way to do this?

I’m using VideoIO (http://myprojectguide.org/p/flash-videoio/index.html)

On this page:

http://myprojectguide.org/p/flash-videoio/10.html

it says:

“The VideoIO application allows you to call any method on the back-end RTMP server using the Flash Player’s connected NetConnection object.”

I hope someone can help, thanks…

It’s not exactly clear what your requirements are, but there are many approaches to limiting publishing. Can you describe in more detail what you would like to happen? Are you trying to prevent two streams of the same name to the same application? Or just trying to limit the number of streams a user can publish?

Richard

First, the default is the other way around: webcam2 wins. But you can turn that around with simple setting in the manager

There is not a built-in way to do anything else other than configure it so webcam1 wins or webcam2 wins in that scenario.

Richard

Ok, so from my understanding, this is how things go:

Let’s say webcam1 is publishing to stream1, everybody watching will see stream1 from webcam1. Now if another webcam2 attempts to publish to stream1 (same stream webcam1 is using), then wowza will “ignore it” and everybody will still see stream1 from webcam1. Am I correct?

My question is: Is there a way to let webcam2 figure out the stream it’s publishing is being dropped by wowza?

Yes sorry, I seem to have mis-read the bit about the duplicate stream.

And thank you for your answer… I guess I’ll have to write a custom module for this