Wowza Community

Record remote live streaming in wowza

I have a requirement where I need to record the live streaming which is happening on some other server (another streaming provider) in my server using wowza.

For example, There is a live streaming event is going on rtmp://192.168.1.1/live/test1 and I want to record this live stream in my other server (172.168.2.31) which have its own wowza server. I want the live streaming to be recorded and stored in the content folder so that I can re-stream from my other server as Video on Demand when ever required.

Can anyone help me on how to do this? I tried to use the recording module, but it works for the streaming which done via the same server.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You can ingest the stream coming from the remote server using a .stream file. Take a look at the How to create and use .stream files in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager forum article for instructions on how to do that.

In the Stream URI field, described during step 5 from that article you can put the Origin server RTMP streaming URL.

Zoran

Zoran

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have two questions.

I’m using wowza streaming server 3.5 perpetual license. Is it possible to do the same on that as well?

Once I added the stream file with the remote URL, How can I control the recording of that stream? For example, I might need to record certain part of the live streaming. not the entire streaming. Is it possible to start and stop the recording without writing any server side modules?

Thanks again.

Take a look at this guide to configure a Live Stream Repeater:

How to configure a live stream repeater

And this guide to record a live stream from an edge:

How to record a live stream on a live stream repeater edge

Alternatively, you could re-stream from the remote server by following this guide:

How to re-stream an unprotected stream from Adobe Media Server or a CDN

Salvadore