Wowza Community

How to turn off new modules in 4.0.1

Wowza 4.0.1 starts very slow.

I want to disable all new modules to speed up startup time.

How can I turn off all new modules such as RESTServer, MediaCache[MediaCache] and others?

You can disable MediaCache through the UI under Server/MediaCache/Disable MediaCache, or by editing /conf/Server.xml and commenting out the MediaCache ServerListerner.

Disabling the RESTInterface will mean you can not use the UI but it can be done. In Server.xml change

<RESTInterface>
<Enable>true</Enable>

To:

<RESTInterface>
<Enable>false</Enable>

and restart Wowza.

Salvadore

Thanks, Salvadore.

I am developing custom module. So I want to speed up restarting wowza on my local machine.

When I used Wowza 3.5.0 restart time takes about 8 seconds.

Now Wowza 4.0.1 with only one small application takes 26 seconds (!!!)

If I turn off RESTInterface Wowza cant start because it cant validate license

The Wowza Media Systems Software licensing system has determined

that your license key is not valid. Please validate that your

are using the correct license key. If this problem persists,

please visit http://www.wowza.com/subscriptionsupport.php for up to

date information.

ERROR server comment - The Wowza Media Systems Software licensing system has determined that your license key is not valid. Please validate that your are using

the correct license key. If this problem persists, please visit http://www.wowza.com/subscriptionsupport.php for up to date information.

ERROR server comment - system.exit[2]

Configure logging: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.1/conf/log4j.properties

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.1\bin>startup.bat

Configure logging: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.1/conf/log4j.properties

INFO server server-start Wowza Streaming Engine 4 Developer Edition (Expires: ёхэ 09, 2014) 4.0.1 build10615 -

INFO server comment - Server License Key: EDEV4-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-NMhJh

How else I can speed up restarting time?

As I far as I know, It is impossible to reload custom module without restarting wowza