Wowza Community

WSE4 EC2 Bundle AMI

Hi there,

I’m giving the new EC2 AMI for WSE4 a whirl and have fired up a Marketplace Bundle instance with “Capabilities: Wowza Streaming Engine as well as nDVR and Transcoder (1 channel) Premium”.

The problem is that when I log in to the Engine Manager the instance says that I am “Not Licensed” for neither the Transcoder nor nDVR. I’ve checked on the Home screen and its definitely showing up as “Welcome to Wowza Streaming Engine! for Amazon EC2 Bundle License”.

Have I got to “enable” something to make this work?

Thanks,

.neilmac

Neil,

Thank you for giving WSE a “whirl!” We’re excited that you’re onboard.

This AMI may require an additional license. Have you received a trial license? If not, please request one here: http://www.wowza.com/pricing/trial.

When you do receive your license key, follow these steps to install that key in your Wowza environment:

1. Using a text editor, edit this file: [install-dir]/conf/Server.license

2. Replace the existing text (completely) with your new trial license key

3. Save the file

4. Restart WSE

This should do this trick.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the speedy response. In fact, I’m a long-standing Wowza customer (v2 and v3 :-)). So when I said a “whirl” – I kind of mean “for real” :slight_smile:

So, a Trial Key isn’t what I’m looking for. I do already have a shiny new WSE4 key, as a current customer, but I would be worried that if I enter that into the EC2 AMI, then I’ll be billed for the “monthly” use of the key, when I’m already paying for my Wowza licence use in the Marketplace AMI Bundle, per hour, which includes a contribution (i) to Amazon for the use of EC2 and (ii) to Wowza for the use the WSE4 (with add ons) software.

Hi Tim,

Any update on the problem with the EC2 Built-in Licence Bundle AMI not supporting the Transcoder and nDVR as advertised?

Thanks

.neilmac

Neil and Tom,

I will be emailing each of you directly with more information and a resolution. Thank you for your patience.

-Lisa

Neil,

Please pardon the confusion - I made the incorrect assumption that you were using a lickey AMI without a license.

We’re looking deeper into this issue. I will report back with and update when I have some quality steps to resolution available.

Your patience is appreciated.

-Tim

Tim,

Just letting you know that we are long time Wowza 3.6 customers, and were looking to upgrade to Wowza 4 with Transcoding and DVR - and before making a purchase decision on Transcoding and DVR were hoping to use a DevPay Bundle instance to experiment. Now that the daily-rate no longer exists it seemed like the best (only?) option.

We are also very interested in a solution. Does it not make sense to disable the AMI availability until this is resolved? We are willing to wait for a solution, or pay for a full month of all of the features if need be, but we would hate for you guys to lose customers or get bad press from new customers that experience the same result from the AMI Bundle.

Thanks,

Tom Richardson