Thread: Media server orchestration

Default Media server orchestration

Hi,

Is there a way to manage multiple media server instances from a single point?
    If not, can you please give some suggestions on how to achieve this? (Would developing a custom application to use the server's REST api be a good option?)

Thanks

Ofer

You can log in and administer any Wowza server through the Manager. Not sure what you are trying to do exactly.
    Can you explain in more detail?

Salvadore

Hi,

Yes, I know I can administer a Wowza server through the Manager.
    But let's say we have a cluster of Wowza servers, is there any way these can be administered at the same time, in a centralised way? As in, check all server statuses and be able to send the same command to all of these servers.
    Having to login for each individual Wowza server instance when having many instances (10+) would be very time consuming.

Ofer

Ofer,

There is not a built-in way to manage and monitor multiple servers. You might build something in your application server around the connectioncounts and serverinfo HTTPProviders, which you can parse in PHP something like this customer example

There is way to configure many servers at once, but I don't think that is what you are looking for. It is just a way to configure multiple servers, not manage and monitor.

Richard