Wowza Community

Timestamp (or other info about time) in IP-cameras data?

hello!

I think you know …

Are there timestamp (or other info about time) in IP-cameras data?

I want to have overlay ( time with hundredth of a second) on my live video, but i can’t use the Wowza transcoder feature, because it is very important to me to show exactly the time which the camera shows ( to the accuracy of hundredth of a second) (NOT WOWZA SERVER TIME)

And if this data contain timestamp, how i can use it in some java interfeses or modules?

Thanks in advance

Andrey.

I think you should utilize ONVIF METADATA somehow to acquire what you want. But as i remember Wowza is not utilizing any metadata at all from rtsp stream. Note that not every camera support ONVIF Metadata.

I am pretty sure that Wowza does not support this. It comes up occasionally as unsupported track that Wowza will filter out if present by setting Application.xml /MediaCaster Property rtspFilterUnknownTracks to “true”

WARN server comment - Failed to find an appropriate depacketizer for this track (vnd.onvif.metadata)

Richard

Thnx!

I see that data from ipcam has timestamp… but how can wowza catch this timestamp?

Hi,

Did you find a way to get the camera timestamp and not the WASA Server timestamp ?

Thank you