Wowza Community

Module PushPublish: Error creating push publishing implementation

Hi All,

I try to manage the Push Publish module with the new Streaming Engine 4.01, it’s not working and I can’t find what I’m doing wrong.

The module is activated:

ModulePushPublish Wowza PushPublishing Module com.wowza.wms.pushpublish.module.ModulePushPublish

I’ve configured my application to get the PushPublishMap file from the application folder and it’s working

2014-03-20 14:13:00 UTC comment server INFO 200 - ModulePushPublish.loadMapFile: loaded map file (/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/conf/live/PushPublishMap.txt): app: live/definst

After this line into the logs I find this error:

wowzastreamingengine_error.log

WARN server comment 2014-03-20 14:13:00 - - - - - 1627.857 - - - - - - - - ModulePushPublish.startPublishSession[live/definst/testipad][createClass]: Error creating push publishing implementation: com.wowza.wms.plugin.pushpublish.protocol.rtmp.PushPublisherRTMPProfileHandler: : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wowza.wms.plugin.pushpublish.protocol.rtmp.PushPublisherRTMPProfileHandler|at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)|at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)|at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)|at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)|at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)|

wowzastreamingengine_access.log

2014-03-20 14:13:00 UTC comment server WARN 200 - ModulePushPublish.startPublishSession[live/definst/testipad][createClass]: Error creating push publishing implementation: com.wowza.wms.plugin.pushpublish.protocol.rtmp.PushPublisherRTMPProfileHandler: : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wowza.wms.plugin.pushpublish.protocol.rtmp.PushPublisherRTMPProfileHandler|at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)|at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)|at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)|at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)|at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)

I can imagine there is a problem with Java but why?

If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Best,

Joffrey

You can enable Push Publish debugging to help troubleshoot this issue:

How to debug Push Publishing AddOn

Salvadore

Actually, it looks like you are using the Push Publish AddOn from Wowza 3.

Please see this article to configure Push Publishing for Wowza 4:

How to push streams to CDNs and other services

Salvadore

You may find something by enabling Push Publish debugging:

How to debug Push Publishing AddOn

Salvadore

I am glad you got this sorted, thanks for the update

Salvadore

Actually, it looks like you are using the Push Publish AddOn from Wowza 3.

Please see this article to configure Push Publishing for Wowza 4:

How to push streams to CDNs and other services

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

Thanks for your answers but I read these two pages again and again for the all week without any success.

I follow all the step and like the doc said: Starting with Wowza Streaming Engine 4, no additional installation steps are necessary. The Push Publishing AddOn has been updated and is now built in to Wowza Streaming Engine.

I have updated a 3.6 version to a 4.01, I will try to start from a clean instance.

Joffrey

A clean install do the job.