Wowza Community

Scheduled smil file playing 8 hours ahead

Hello!

If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it. The subject holds many areas of the forum at once.

I have a 24/7 live stream set up following the ‘use a smil file to replicate tv’ article. It loads stream schedule.smil fine, plus it plays all the videos in order as they should be. The problem is it is playing the schedule but 8 hours later than the actual time.

I am running Wowza 4 on CentOS 6. I changed the date/time in the system and when the ‘date’ command is used the proper date/time is returned, but wowza still insists it is 8 hours ahead. Is there something I need to change in the wowza config that I am missing?

Thanks!

It could be that the time zone your in, and the locale of the server are different.

Check the Wowza start up logs for:

INFO server comment - Java Locale[user.country]:

Another possibility is the schedule set in the .smil file is set to start 8 hours in the future.

Double check the .smil file to make sure the playlist is scheduled to start in the past. For example:

<playlist name="pl1" playOnStream="Stream1" repeat="true" scheduled="2009-12-11 16:00:00">

Salvadore