Thread: Can nDVR Stream play in default Media Player on Android 4.0 above?

Default Can nDVR Stream play in default Media Player on Android 4.0 above?

When I play nDVR streams with my Android Appplication through default Media Player, it just only works as live streams, and I can not view back previous content. When I play a test of my nDVR stream on http://wowza.com/testplayer, it work properly. I don't forget adding the "?DVR" at the end of the link.

Please help me.
    Thank to see.

Hello, nDVR doesn't not work with RTSP (Android). You can use the same stream from an RTSP/Android device, however, you should omit the ?DVR query in the URL which will provide a "normal" stream without a time-shift capability.

I suggest you take a look at the Wowza DVR tutorial and note the instructions in the Playback section.

Salvadore

Hi salvadore, I play my nDVR stream using HLS.

In my instance, I play my nDVR stream with a link similar with http:/127.0.0.1:1935/live/C008_HD_4/playlist.m3u8?DVR.
    It work well when I test with VLC, I can use time-shift function. However, when I use that link for my Android App, I can not use time-shift capability and the stream works like a "normal" stream.
    I want to know "With default Media Player on android, can HLS streams play as nDVR streams which have time-shift capability? "

Thank you.

Hi,
    The default player on Android, even when using HLS, does not support nDVR (time-shift) functionality.

Daren