Wowza Community

WSE service started and then stopped automatically

Hi,

I successfully installed WSE 4.0.1, with developer license, on Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

however I could not start WSE service both automatically or manually. every time this message is shown: “The Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.1 service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.”

WSE Manager service starts properly though.

I tried find on the forum but couldn’t find any clue. Does WSE not work on Vista Home? Thanks.

I had the same problem and then a forum member helped me solve, i am sure same issue.

Simply go to the service and change the login type to a local account and assign it the proper credentials.

I hope you know what I mean.

Take a look at the access log, find the start up lines. If there is a license problem, or perhaps problem reaching Wowza subscription server, you will see that.

Richard

I had the same problem and then a forum member helped me solve, i am sure same issue.

Simply go to the service and change the login type to a local account and assign it the proper credentials.

I hope you know what I mean.

@shueardm Thanks for your advice. Not sure if I get you wrong but by “login type” do you mean the “Log On As” of the service? If so I’ve tried to change this to various account including my PC admin acc with appropriate password but the service just refuse to start. I even change it to “Local Service” and “Network Service” type but to no avail; it keep pop up message “Windows could not start Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.1 service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or internal service error. If the error persists, contact your system administrator.”

I have no idea what else I should try.

Can you advise what are the local account and credentials did you use? Thanks.