Wowza Community

Push Publishing Not Working

Can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Running fresh Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.1. Live streaming from a configured, Active Stream file named HOSC.stream on the live application.

Followed instructions here to configure. https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-push-streams-to-cdns-and-other-services-push-publishing on the live application. Here’s the listing from the Modules tab:

Name Description Fully Qualified Class Name

base Base com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleCore

logging Client Logging com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleClientLogging

flvplayback FLVPlayback com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFLVPlayback

ModuleCoreSecurity Core Security Module for Applications com.wowza.wms.security.ModuleCoreSecurity

ModulePushPublish ModulePushPublish com.wowza.wms.pushpublish.module.ModulePushPublish

Here is the content of my PushPublishMap.txt file:

# Push Publishing Map file, format:

#

# format:

# [src-stream-name]={Profile:[profile], [additional-configuration-items]}

#

#myStream={profile:“rtmp”, streamName:“myStreamRTMP”, host:“localhost”, application:“live”, userName:“myuser”, password:“mypassword”}

#myStream={profile:“mpegts”, streamName:“myStreamMPEGTS”, host:“239.1.1.1”, port:10000, rtpWrap:false}

#myStream={profile:“rtp”, streamName:“myStreamRTP”, host:“239.1.1.1”, videoPort:10002, audioPort:10004}

myStream={profile:“mpegts”, streamName:“HOSC.streamMPEGTS”, host:“233.3.3.193”, port:30120, rtpWrap:false, debugLog:true}

After restarting Wowza, there is no multicast showing up, and no ModulePushPublish entries in the log, at all.

What have I done wrong?

Doh! Figured it out. I needed to change the stream name.

HOSC.stream={profile:“mpegts”, streamName:“HOSC.streamMPEGTS”, host:“233.3.3.193”, port:30120, rtpWrap:false, debugLog:true}

^^^^^^^^