Wowza Community

Transcoder iOS not supported

Hi,

I want to broadcast from iOS with RTMP protocol to our Wowza Server but transcoder doesn’t start:

WARN server comment - TranscodingSession.handlePacket[live/_definst_]: Video codec is not supported by transcoder. Can only be used as PassThru: SPARK
WARN server comment - TranscodingSession.handlePacket[live/_definst_]: Audio codec is not supported by transcoder. Can only be used as PassThru: NELLYMOSER_16MONO
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerPacketHandler.handlePacket[live/_definst_/513]: Video codec:SPARK isCompatible:false
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerPacketHandler.handlePacket[live/_definst_/513]: Audio codec:NELLYMOSER_16MONO isCompatible:false

Wowza Transcoder doesn’t support this codecs?

What should I do to broadcast and record file from iOS?

Thank you in advance,

Jose

Right, Transcoder does not support these codecs. If you can set up the encoder to send H.264 and Speexs audio to the Transcoder it will work.

Take a look at these guides for how to set this up:

How to convert Flash Player 11 output from H.264 + Speex audio to H.264 + AAC audio using Wowza Transcoder AddOn

How to set up a Flash application to publish H.264 video and Speex audio to Wowza Transcoder AddOn

Salvadore

Have you considered the Wowza GoCoder app?:

How to use Wowza GoCoder video broadcasting iOS app with Wowza Media Server

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

But if I want to broadcast through iOS, what should I do?

Need I to change library to another which supports h.264? Do you know anyone?

Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Jose