Wowza Community

Module PushPublish. Problems publishing to Youtube from Wowza with rtsp as source.

Hi,

I’m having problems doing this:

rtsp -> wowza -> youtube

In youtube I can see “Stream Status: GOOD” and I can start the preview. However, once the preview starts, the button “Start Streaming” appears disabled and it won’t be enabled.

If I do the same, but publishing a rtmp stream on wowza (i.e. rtmp -> wowza -> youtube), it publishes successfully to youtube and I can press the “Start Streaming” button.

Also, if I publish onto another wowza (rtsp -> wowza -> wowza), I can play the stream successfully from the second wowza instance.

Do you know if someone is having similar problems? Any hints?

It sounds like a problem associated with that machine. Perhaps a connectivity problem or different configuration.

Richard

…we’ve noticed that RTMP handshake generated by Wowza through pushpublish when you are srteaming a RTSP isn’t correct.

RTSP -> Wowza PushPublish AddOn 3.5 -> YouTube ====> BAD RTMP HANDSAKE.

Did you guys ever get an answer to this question? I too am trying to use the PushPublish with rtsp

Hi Richard,

I’m juanjo’s partner and we’ve noticed that RTMP handshake generated by Wowza through pushpublish when you are srteaming a RTSP isn’t correct.

RTSP -> Wowza PushPublish AddOn 3.5 -> YouTube ====> BAD RTMP HANDSAKE.

RTSP -> Wowza RTMP-> FFMPEG - RTMP-> YouTube ====> GOOD HANDSAKE.

Any suggestion?