Wowza Community

Problem starting Wowza Meida Engine 4 with custom module

I am trying to debug my custom Wowza module that is written by others in eclipse (Windows 8) but I get the following error and cannot figure out what class it’s referring too. I already enabled debug logging but wowza give me the error even before it gets to my OnAppStart break point of my . I would really appreciate if someone could point me to where I can find more info on this. Also, this module was written for earlier version of Wowza and I looked the methods and properties that have changed in Wowza 4 but I think it should boot up to my app first at least before producing the error.

Error starting: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.startServer(Bootstrap.java:555)
	at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:67)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang/SystemUtils
	at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.BootstrapSystemTuningInfo.getSystemTuningInfo(BootstrapSystemTuningInfo.java:81)
	at com.wowza.wms.server.ServerTuningHandler.<init>(ServerTuningHandler.java:248)
	at com.wowza.wms.server.Server.<init>(Server.java:862)
	at com.wowza.wms.server.Server.getInstance(Server.java:907)
	at com.wowza.wms.server.Server.start(Server.java:956)
	... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.lang.SystemUtils
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	... 11 more

Hi there.

To fix this error. In Eclipse, right click on the project in the left menu and choose “properties”

Next, click on the Run/Debug settings on the left, highlight the launch configuration and click Edit

Under the “arguments” tab, add the following line to the output in “VM Arguments”

On Windows:

-Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base="win"

On Mac:

-Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base="osx"

Salvadore

Hi there.

To fix this error. In Eclipse, right click on the project in the left menu and choose “properties”

Next, click on the Run/Debug settings on the left, highlight the launch configuration and click Edit

Under the “arguments” tab, add the following line to the output in “VM Arguments”

On Windows:

-Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base="win"

On Mac:

-Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base="osx"

Salvadore

Thanks Salvador,

It actually started working with no apparent errors? What does the line above do in general? I tried to look it up but couldn’t find that much documentation for it. It appears that you need to have that setup in your IDE anyways.