Wowza Community

solution to play live stream in mobile android, ios, etc.

hi i have a question theres any solution to play live streaming via mobile i mean when people get to my website example http://lalpty.com they can see live streaming i know html5 doesnt supports rtmp but i saw some websites like www.tvn-2.com in my mobile and i can play the live streaming i dont know if they are using something else other than rtmp. I you guys can give me an advice to accomplish this, ill appreciate it.

Thank you very much

Hi,

I replied to your support ticket #86773 about this, please don’t double post, it’s the same crew.

There are a few players out there that can detect what type of device is visiting the site, and then provide the most appropriate stream type for playback.

In the case of http://www.tvn-2.com/ it uses Kaltura’s player, which provides a stream for iOS/Android, or a stream for desktop players (Flash) etc.

But this is functionality is built into the player’s code.

Another similar, commercial player is JW Player It can play Apple HLS on a desktop player,as well as flash, and provides a HLS stream compatible with mobile devices.

You can read more about JW Player here.

Another such commercial player is flowplayer here.

Daren

Hi,

Yes, looks like Justin TV their own custom flash based player with HLS support. JW player will just pass a HLS url to the device’s browser and that will spawn the mobile device’s own player. Premium versions have support for HLS playback on the desktop.

If you are getting a downloaded file for playback, then usually that means the URLs for the supported devices have been setup incorrectly in t he embedded player.

The examples I referred to in (this JW player article) should provide the correct fall back for mobile devices that support HLS.

Daren

sorry about that, then is something like that what justin tv uses? because with justin tv i can play stream with my mobile without the need to download a mp4 or m3u8 file it plays in the browser itself, i think that is what jwplayer does, it download a file because rtmp is not available mobile or im wrong

but how tvn-2.com works, when i open the website in my android device a player shows normally and plays live without open the default video player of my phone. If i understand what u said then i should use maybe kaltura or the jwplayer premium version? i attached a screenshot of the website now it shows black screen because live streaming is off but when is on works good without opening the player of my phone.