Wowza Community

EC2 AMI 4.0.1 upgrade to 4.0.3, possible?

I’m having trouble finding any references to updating my Wowza system to 4.0.3. I started a BYO license of Wowza 4.0.1 on EC2, and attempted (making assumptions here) to upgrade to WowzaStreamingEngine-Update-4.0.3.zip

Following the linux process, I received the following log:

Verifying running as administrative user

Verifying Java 1.6 or greater is available

Locating installation directory

Running Wowza Streaming Engine update installer

This will uninstall Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.1 - Build 10615 from your system.

The update will be removed from your installation at: /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine

Detected operating system: linux

The installed version is not the same as this update version. %nUninstall cannot proceed until the correct update version is used.

Thoughts? Can I run latest release on the EC2 instance?

Yes, this should work for AWS EC2 Marketplace instance.

Do you have this exact folder?: /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/updates/WowzaStreamingEngine-Update-4.0.3/

With the WowzaStreamingEngine-Update-4.0.3.zip unzipped into that folder?

Richard

Hi Jason,

I am also using Amazon EC2 Wowza AMI. Are you saying that it is now possible to update server instance? I was told before that I cannot update my Wowza version and I have to start a new AMI with the most recent build.

What about upgrades, instead of updates?

Thanks,

Roger

I had the same problem, but I found the error in front of my mac:

I executed the ./update.sh with the parameter -u because I scrolled down the update-website to quickly :slight_smile:

Hi,

Please can you elaborate, I’m not sure if you have/haven’t got an issue with upgrading.

If you’re having an issue we have a guide for updating to a later version which can be found below.

How to apply a Wowza Streaming Engine update

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

Yes, this should work for AWS EC2 Marketplace instance.

Do you have this exact folder?: /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/updates/WowzaStreamingEngine-Update-4.0.3/

With the WowzaStreamingEngine-Update-4.0.3.zip unzipped into that folder?

Richard

I was referring to updating via the WowzaStreamingEngine-Update-[version].zip method Richard mentioned.

If you’re referring to downloading the new installer and upgrading via a new installation then I also recommend that you create a new instance as it has the required setting for Amazon EC2 pre-configured which you would have to do manually if you simply installed over the top of your current version.

Regards,

Jason

Hi pttrtim,

The text you copied is indicating you tried to uninstall a 4.0.1 update from your system with a 4.0.3 update. You don’t need to remove a prior update to use the 4.0.3 update. It’s a comprehensive update that will take any 4.0.x.yy version up to 4.0.3. So you should be able to “sudo ./update.sh” from the /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/updates/<4.0.3 update dir>/linux directory.

Eric