Wowza Community

Pushing multiple bit rate to akamai

I was trying to push multiple bitrate of the same streams to akamai using PushPublishRTMP, I couldn’t find any method where i can set multiple streams with publisher, I want to achieve this using server side api’s as not all the streams need to be pushed to akamai.

I am trying to achieve the same which can be achieved using this properties in

myStream_480p={profile:“rtmp-akamai”, streamName:“myStream_1_500”, akamai.streamId:12345, userName:“myuser”, password:“mypassword”, adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}

myStream_360p={profile:“rtmp-akamai”, streamName:“myStream_1_750”, akamai.streamId:12345, userName:“myuser”, password:“mypassword”, adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}

myStream_720p={profile:“rtmp-akamai”, streamName:“myStream_1_1000”, akamai.streamId:12345, userName:“myuser”, password:“mypassword”, adaptiveStreaming:true, sendOriginalTimecodes:true, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}

Thanks,

Anupam

Anupam,

You can do it like this:

publisher.setAdaptiveStreaming(true);

Richard

Anupam,

Right, you do have to push multiple (at least 2) streams to the CDN for ABR playback.

Richard

Richard,

I have tried to figure out by setting adaptive streaming to true, but I am not able to add multiple streams to publishers, is one publisher is only to push single bitrate streams to akamai? Do I need to create multiple publishers to push multiple streams as mentioned here : https://github.com/telvue/WowzaAkamaiPushPlugin/blob/master/TelvueAkamiPushPlugin.java

Thanks,

Anupam