Wowza Community

Can I stream to twitch using the iOS app?

Just wondering. The twitch help forums don’t even bother listing requirements for go coder.

Let me know, it seems like it is doable, but I don’t see anywhere to add my key.

Hi,

GoCoder only streams the live camera input, so not sure how useful it is for streaming games.

It sends the stream using RTSP push (announce), so if Twitch supports this protocol

it may be possible to live stream to the service. The ‘key’ would likely be part

of the application name or stream name.

Daren

Hi,

Yes, RTMP and RTSP are completely different protocols.

Here’s an ingest server list for Justin-TV and Twitch, all are listed as RTMP,

so RTSP support looks unlikely based on this.

Daren

Hi,

However, this article seems to suggest that there’s no problem sending an RTSP (announce) stream to JustinTV.

The article shows how Quicktime Broadcaster can be used, which also uses RTSP announce, same as GoCoder. So seems like it should work for Twitch, and well worth a try.

Daren

Hi,

GoCoder only streams the live camera input, so not sure how useful it is for streaming games.

It sends the stream using RTSP push (announce), so if Twitch supports this protocol

it may be possible to live stream to the service. The ‘key’ would likely be part

of the application name or stream name.

Daren

I was actually going to use the iPad air’s camera to capture game play on a ps vita.

Can’t seem to find info on rtsp and twitch, but in will keep looking. The encoding format used by go coder

Is what twitch accepts so at least part of it works.

Edit: Justin.TV did take rtsp so twitch probably does too. Will try adding the key to the stream URL.

All I am finding is rtmp addresses. Is rtsp part of that?

name":“Asia: Singapore”,“availability”:1.0,"_id":37,“default”:false,“url_template”:“rtmp://live-sin-backup.twitch.tv/app/{stream_key}”}

Rtmp and rtsp are different it appears. I’ve found threads mentioning rtsp streams from twitch, but no info on if twitch has injest servers taking rtsp.