I do not understand this:

Downloads

Wowza Media Server Updates

Upgrade from Wowza Media Server 3.6.4

Wowza Media Server 3.6.4 patch 02

Wowza Streaming Engine Updates

Upgrade from Wowza Streaming Engine 4.x.x

Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.3

right now I have a monthly subscription and on my servers I have WowzaMediaServer-3.5.2.rpm.bin

Hi Bob,

I’m not sure what you want to do. Do you want to upgrade Wowza 3.5.2 to Wowza 3.6.4, or upgrade to Wowza 4?

Richard

In that case, start by reviewing the Wowza 4 upgrade guide

There are major changes, so most or all of the configuration files are updated, so please do not use Wowza 3 configuration files.

Richard

Bob,

For production upgrade, I would install on another machine and switch over using DNS changes. It would a little tricky and problematic to do it on the same server.

Yes, your custom modules should work. You will have to add your .jar files, and add the Modules as necessary to the Application.xml, which you can do through the Wowza 4 Manager now, or directly in the file as you have been doing.

Richard

The installer installs Wowza Engine and Manager together, and that is the typical setup. You would access the Manager in the browser at

http://[wowza-address]:8088

Richard

i did not understand the difference. my server is working fine with 3.5.2 but it appears wowza 4 would allow me to do easier admin tasks if i upgrade. so if i am going to upgrade i guess i would go for wowza 4.

So we would install this as a new version on the same server (keeping the old on running until we are ready) .

I see that app.xml doesn’t port over, but what about if we wrote a custom module? it will port over ?

so i am correct that we install Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.3 on the remote server and the Wowza 4 Manager is installed locally to monitor the remote server?

and am i correct that before the relatively limited monitoring was done locally using JDK?

if so, what is the install config difference between Wowza 4 Manager and JDK? I actually had issues setting up JDK and would hope there is a easier setup of the new tool

currently I have standard support but looking to upgrade the same into silver