Wowza Community

User account with startup package

Hello!

I am trying to get my startup package to create a user with a specific name and password. I have tried setting the name and password in the admin.password file. This works, but there are two problems.

First, and most significantly, the user that is created is the only user and it is created as readonly. I cant see anywhere to change that and therefore I am unable to change any server settings. There is no admin user listed under the users section. I tried logging in with the default wowza user, despite it not being listed, but that didn’t work.

Secondly, and not really a problem for me, if there are multiple users and passwords in the file, only the first user is created.

I don’t really care about the second problem, but the first one is quite major. Am I using the wrong file to create a user?

Thanks!

Jacob

In the admin.password file, the format is

username password group, you can make “group” be"admin" or “read only”

So an example would be:

jacob password admin

Salvadore

In the admin.password file, the format is

username password group, you can make “group” be"admin" or “read only”

So an example would be:

jacob password admin

Salvadore

That worked wonderfully, thank you! I am transitioning from WMS3 to WSE4, so I might have copied over my old admin.password, but does the comment in the admin.password for WSE4 reflect this new “user password group” structure? I believe mine only mentioned needing a user and password in the file. Perhaps the default file could be changed to make this clearer?

Thank you for the help!

Jacob

Jacob, yes this new structure is for Wowza Streaming Engine (Wowza 4.x) The file has been updated to include the “group”

Here is the full contents of the new file:

# Admin password file (format [username] [space] [password] [space] [group])
#username password group|group
jacob password admin|advUser

Salvadore