Wowza Community

How to prevent the restreaming

Hello im a lisenced wowza user but the people are stealing my video signals with some tool for restreaming them, do u know someone how can i prevent from this restreaming thing, which module to use or what to do ? thanks

Hi there, please take a look at the Security Overview

And you may find this module useful:

How to combat hotlinking your Adobe Flash SWF file (ModuleHotlinkDenial)

Salvadore

Thanks for ur reply @salvadore unfortunetly this is not the issue im having, they are using some code with rtmpdump in order to take my video signals and restream them to another wowza servers, here is an example of the code that they uses

:loop

ffmpeg -i “rtmp://ipofmy server:1935/liveedge/.stream swfUrl=http://p.jwpcdn.com/6/8/jwplayer.flash.swf live=1 pageUrl=http://mysite.com/site/live-tv/” -isync -vcodec copy -b:v 50k -acodec copy -b:a 88000 -ar 32000 -f flv “rtmp://serverip where signal is published:190/vod/strsjgzed”

goto loop

please let me know if u know how to block this connections ?

thanks

Take a look at the SecureToken system:

How to protect RTMP streaming using SecureToken (ModuleSecureToken)

Salvadore

thanks for your reply, but unfortunetly we already have that module installed, the people just decompile the swf and get the token from the player. I dont know how else this security issue can be solved ?

thanks

You can use the RTMPE protocol along with SecureToken:

Also: Protect your swf’s by loading them from Wowza

And again, please look over the Security Overview article

Salvadore

we are already use the secure token with the rtmpe protocol, this is a big problem for all wowza users, if you know some wowza expert can u ask him about this issue how can be solved ?, thanks

Take a look at the SecureToken system:

How to protect RTMP streaming using SecureToken (ModuleSecureToken)

Salvadore

You can use the RTMPE protocol along with SecureToken:

Also: Protect your swf’s by loading them from Wowza

And again, please look over the Security Overview article

Salvadore