Wowza Community

Multiple streams

Hi,

I have created 3 live streams from 3 web cameras.

On the active stream page shows that the all 3 is active.

However when i test the players it will not show.

What could be wrong?

Do you see anything in the logs indicating what the issue might be?

You can start Wowza in stand-alone mode /bin/startup.bat (or startup.sh) and see the output in the console.

Salvadore

Hi,

It depend if the other camera streams have a compatible codec.

The following video/audio codecs are supported for transcoding:

Video: MPEG2, MPEG4 Part 2, H.264/AVC Audio: MP3, AAC (LC & HE), MPEG1 Part 1/2, Speex, G.711

MPEG-4 Part 2 is the other common format provided by many cameras, so if yours have that,

you should be able to transcode the remaining cameras you have.

Daren

Can you also provide more detail about what steps you have taken. What encoder you are using, and the player you are testing.

Salvadore

It looks like an issue with the video codec, Wowza supports mpeg-4 part 10 (aka avc/h.264). Any other variant will require a transcoder between Wowza and the camera.

If your camera has the option of using H.264 video, you should use that instead of MPEG4.

Salvadore

Heres the output from the console when running in standalone:

INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/fugl1.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 a/v/k:0/280/10 duration:10129
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/fjermestad.stream]: Add chunk: id:7 a/v/k:0/168/10 duration:10322
INFO server comment - MPEGDashWriterHandler.createChunkM4S[live/_definst_/hoved.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 type:m4s_mux a/v/k:0/306/10 duration:10100
INFO server comment - MPEGDashWriterHandler.createChunkM4S[live/_definst_/hoved.stream]: Add chunk: id:6 type:m4s_video v/k:306/10 duration:10100
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/fugl1.stream]: Add chunk: id:3 mode:TS[MPEG4,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/0/0 duration:21925
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/fjermestad.stream]: Add chunk: id:3 mode:TS[MPEG4,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/0/0 duration:21
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/hoved.stream]: Add chunk: id:8 a/v/k:0/308/10 duration:10116
INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.endChunkTS[live/_definst_/hoved.stream]: Add chunk: id:8 mode:TS[H264,NOAUDIO] a/v/k:0/307/10 duration:10116

The stream hoved.stream works fine, the others don’t.

hoved.stream file:

rtsp://192.168.1.90:554/live.sdp

fjermestad.stream file:

rtsp://192.168.1.100:554/live.sdp

fugl1.stream file:

rtsp://192.168.1.38:554/live.sdp

When I test the paths in VLC it works perfect.

The stream that works comes from a camera with H.264 video, but the others don’t.

I see that Wowza has a stream transcoder add on. Could this be my solution?

Bollywood King You tube Channel

Comment