Wowza Community

How to merge video-only stream with audio-only into 1 stream using ModuleAddAudioTrac

Greetings.

I have video-only stream from my ip-camera (rtsp stream, h264), and icecast mpga 1/2/3 audio stream.

I need to merge them both into 1 stream.

I’ve tried to do this using ModuleAddAudioTrack module, but it’s not working. I’m transcoding mpga to aac over udp with ffmpeg before use this source as custom parameter of module.

Is ModuleAddAudioTrack working with stream audio?

Please give me advise how can i merge video-only stream with audio-only.

Hello, there are a couple of prerequisites to meet here.

The ModuleAddAudioTrack does not work with developer or trial licenses, what type of license are you running?

Second, I believe the audio source needs to be a file located in the /content folder, rather then a URL to an audio stream.

If these are both meet, then make sure you are connect to the correct stream in the player. If your stream name is “myStream” for example, then the stream to playback would be “myStream-audiodestin”

Salvadore

Any ideas about this issue? It’s still happening even while using the sample file. I just can’t pin it down. This is holding me back from buying.

Thanks!

Eric

To be honest - this module is not working at all. Leave it. I tested it maaaany times and always, i mean ALWAYS after some time audio died or whole stream died. Only restarting helped. For some time…

Hi,

Have you tried using the sample.mp4 file as the source for the audio? That file is used a lot in our testing, and if the audio being sent from that file works in your youtube publish without it fading away or cutting out then that may point to a problematic audio stream in the previous file.

Daren

The ModuleAddAudioTrack does not work with developer or trial licenses, what type of license are you running?

Is this still true?

It looks like the guide has been updated recently.

You can review the guide here:

How to add an audio track to a video-only stream (ModuleAddAudioTrack)

The updated guide now states that:

Regards,

salvadore

Thanks for the fast reply! I only have one incoming stream and with the module I think 3 outgoing.

Would this explain the issue:

“I’m using this plugin to add an audio track to a IP Camera feed to YouTube. It works great at first, but the audio bitrate degrades until it reaches “0” and then youtube hangs. Shorter audio clips stall sooner than longer ones. Does the audio loop fail after a while?”

Or is something else the cause of this bit rate slowly going to zero and having youtube hang? I have not been able to determine when this happens, but it’s sometime overnight.

Eric

Hi,

Have you tried using the sample.mp4 file as the source for the audio? That file is used a lot in our testing, and if the audio being sent from that file works in your youtube publish without it fading away or cutting out then that may point to a problematic audio stream in the previous file.

Daren

It seems to be working today with the sample.mp4 file. I’ll let it go tonight and see what it looks like in the morning. Is there anyway to get a sample.mp4 file that is just silence and has an audio bit rate of 128k? Youtube complains that the current sample.mp4 file is only 96k, plus the soundtrack is a little weird :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Eric

I let this go all weekend, this afternoon I check and the audio is back to 0 kbps and the stream doesn’t seem to be working, but YouTube says it’s ok. Weird.

I let this go all weekend, this afternoon I check and the audio is back to 0 kbps and the stream doesn’t seem to be working, but YouTube says it’s ok. Weird.

Any ideas about this issue? It’s still happening even while using the sample file. I just can’t pin it down. This is holding me back from buying.

Thanks!

Eric

To be honest - this module is not working at all. Leave it. I tested it maaaany times and always, i mean ALWAYS after some time audio died or whole stream died. Only restarting helped. For some time…

Bummer. Not sure what to do at this point. I could restart the server every hour. :slight_smile:

Really though, if we are going to have plugins they should really do what they say they will do. I’ve also tried many different ways and they all fail after some time.

Thanks again,

Eric

I’ve perpetual license.

If i understand you correctly, i can’t merge live audio stream (like icecast/shoutcast does)?

Maybe you have some ideas how to do this?

P.S. I’ve tested with file just and it is working fine…

Thanks for answers.

So have to use ffmpeg map or vlc mosaic to achieve my needs, thought that it can be avoided.

According to the documentation of this module, this module will loop the audio file continuously while the source stream is running. By default, the module will look for sample.mp4 in the StorageDir of the running application.

I do not think it supports a live source as the audio track, and I do not think it supports audio/video synchronicity(if that is a requirement). There is nothing else built-in that supports this that I am aware of, but I have read a few consultants say they can achieve this

Salvadore

It looks like the guide has been updated recently.

You can review the guide here:

How to add an audio track to a video-only stream (ModuleAddAudioTrack)

The updated guide now states that:

This module creates two new published streams for each source stream so may exceed stream limits for Developer or Trial licenses.

Regards,

salvadore

Hi,

A trial license is limited to only three inbound streams. The module creates two published streams for a given incoming stream, which means that you can only have one incoming stream to your Wowza server.

It would be best if we can review your conf/logs so that we can troubleshoot why the module is failing for you. Do please send a support request with this information.

Michelle

Hello Eric,

Sorry for the delayed reply but I came across your post during “spring cleaning” and wanted to direct you to the following option:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-mix-audio-and-video-from-different-live-sources-moduleavmix

This module can be used in place of ModuleAddAudioTrack and provides extra functionality.

Jason

Second, I believe the audio source needs to be a file located in the /content folder, rather then a URL to an audio stream.

Is this still true?

Hi salvadore

I’m going down this same path, trying to use ModuleAddAudioTrack to add a (looped) audio track to a video stream from an IP camera so that I can successfully stream video from a wildlife camera to YouTube. (The camera is video only and YouTube requires audio to accept the stream). I’m using a trial licence for Wowza to try and get this working.

According to my understanding, use of the ModuleAddAudioTrack is possible with a trial licence. I could be missing it, but I don’t see anything in the ModuleAddAudioTrack tutorial which implies that a full licence is required when using a single inbound stream. The module should create 2 streams in addition to the one incoming stream, one of which (-audiodestin) is the one with the added audio.

However, when I try this, I don’t see the two additional streams. The logs say that the module failed to load.

What am I missing ?

Thanks

Edit : Just came across this post using moduleAVmix and tried that too, however that module seems to require both a video stream (which I have) and an audio stream (which I don’t have).

Ideally I need a solution that either synthesizes audio from a file (like ModuleAddAudioTrack) or adds an audio track containing silence.

How do I get the ModuleAddAudioTrack module not to transcode itself?

I have transrate.xml transcoder enabled for all published streams for ease of configuration through multiple applications.

It also creates indefinite loop that renders Wowza useless and Wowza process must be killed to recover.

Thank you.