Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to merge video-only stream with audio-only into 1 stream using ModuleAddAudioTrac

I let this go all weekend, this afternoon I check and the audio is back to 0 kbps and the stream doesn't seem to be working, but YouTube says it's ok. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ecalkins View Post
    I let this go all weekend, this afternoon I check and the audio is back to 0 kbps and the stream doesn't seem to be working, but YouTube says it's ok. Weird.
    Any ideas about this issue? It's still happening even while using the sample file. I just can't pin it down. This is holding me back from buying.

Thanks!
    Eric

Any ideas about this issue? It's still happening even while using the sample file. I just can't pin it down. This is holding me back from buying.

Thanks!
    Eric
    To be honest - this module is not working at all. Leave it. I tested it maaaany times and always, i mean ALWAYS after some time audio died or whole stream died. Only restarting helped. For some time....

Quote Originally Posted by Speed666 View Post
    To be honest - this module is not working at all. Leave it. I tested it maaaany times and always, i mean ALWAYS after some time audio died or whole stream died. Only restarting helped. For some time....
    Bummer. Not sure what to do at this point. I could restart the server every hour.

Really though, if we are going to have plugins they should really do what they say they will do. I've also tried many different ways and they all fail after some time.

Thanks again,
    Eric

Hello Eric,

Sorry for the delayed reply but I came across your post during "spring cleaning" and wanted to direct you to the following option:
    https://www.wowza.com/forums/content...-(ModuleAVMix)
    This module can be used in place of ModuleAddAudioTrack and provides extra functionality.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    The ModuleAddAudioTrack does not work with developer or trial licenses, what type of license are you running?
    Second, I believe the audio source needs to be a file located in the /content folder, rather then a URL to an audio stream.
    Is this still true?
    Hi salvadore

I'm going down this same path, trying to use ModuleAddAudioTrack to add a (looped) audio track to a video stream from an IP camera so that I can successfully stream video from a wildlife camera to YouTube. (The camera is video only and YouTube requires audio to accept the stream). I'm using a trial licence for Wowza to try and get this working.

According to my understanding, use of the ModuleAddAudioTrack is possible with a trial licence. I could be missing it, but I don't see anything in the ModuleAddAudioTrack tutorial which implies that a full licence is required when using a single inbound stream. The module should create 2 streams in addition to the one incoming stream, one of which (-audiodestin) is the one with the added audio.

However, when I try this, I don't see the two additional streams. The logs say that the module failed to load.

What am I missing ?

Thanks

Edit : Just came across this post using moduleAVmix and tried that too, however that module seems to require both a video stream (which I have) and an audio stream (which I don't have).
    Ideally I need a solution that either synthesizes audio from a file (like ModuleAddAudioTrack) or adds an audio track containing silence.
    Last edited by SparksZA; 08-12-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Hi,

A trial license is limited to only three inbound streams. The module creates two published streams for a given incoming stream, which means that you can only have one incoming stream to your Wowza server.

It would be best if we can review your conf/logs so that we can troubleshoot why the module is failing for you. Do please send a support request with this information.

Michelle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12