Wowza Community

Problem with Using Wowza to Publish MPEG-TS IP Stream Source

Hi,

I have a problem with my setup, can’t find where the mistake is.

My goal is to publish a MPEG-TS source channel to ABR format for HLS enabled devices.

I’m running the latest trial version of WSE, My setup consists of Anevia Flamingo DVB/IP Gateway, providing multicast Streams (TV Channels) over UDP,

1- The source MPEG-TS carries MPEG2 Video and MPEG2 Audio.in the address form of : udp://239.4.112.x:5500,

2- on the wowza server the stream is reachable and i can view it on VLC.

3- I have followed the guide : https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder#config_admin ,

4- i have gone after step by step, then trying the " Test Players", no output and the message says : Source stream or file could not be found or access was denied .

5- Went to the Incoming Streams where i can find the option to record the stream, then inspecting the recorded file i could find that only audio is there, no video is recorded !

I’m not able to figure out where the problem is, since it seems that the server is able to catch the stream audio, but not video !

Your advise and support would be highly appreciated.

BR,

Mootaz

Hi Mootaz,

Wowza does not support MPEG2 video. It has to be h.264. You can use the Wowza Transcoder to transcode MPEG2 to h.264

Richard