Thread: Smil for two streams

Post Smil for two streams

We have some ip-cameras (we use Axis cameras Q6035). They are translating videostreams throw WowzaMediaServer.
    The cameras and mediaserver are synchronized by the same NTP-server. We need to see streams, translated from the same scene on single screen. However video in players not synchronized. Not only from different cameras, but two streams from the same camera too.
    How can we synchronize videos?
    As an example, we see the solution by SmoothStreaming
    (http://smooth-las-akam.istreamplanet...1.ism/Manifest).
    The main idea is to create Manifest, including links to different streams. They must be marked my additianal XML attributs.

Is any way to do this by .smil files, or we need to write extension to wowzaMediaServer?

Many thanks.

Paul,

There is no way that I know to ensure two clients are synced. Wowza is just delivering chunks to the players, so there are network factors and how the player, in this case two. Of course making them as similar as possible: bitrate, fps, key frame interval (gop), etc. might help. But I think that two clients might be synced better if on the same lan, but am just speculating.

Richard

Richard!

It is the aim to synchronize two streams. The question is "How to create the manifest with additional XML attributs?"

Hi Paul,

Adding custom tags to a Manifest is not supported at present, but we discussed it and it was said to be a reasonable request and was added to the backlog. I don't have a time frame for when that might be implemented.

Richard