Wowza Community

SWF stream media to support on Android devices

Hi,

I have a school project that have to create an application for radio streaming in Malaysia, but now I having a issue which is Android device not support flash anymore, but the stream source I get is in swf format, I tried to convert the file to html5 but it did not stream after that. Is there any way that I can do to enable the radio to stream on android device? please advice

Hi there, by swf I assume you mean .flv? .flv files use Sorenson Spark or VP6 video and NellyMoser or Speex audio, which only works on Flash players.

To stream to Android you will need to use H.264 video and AAC audio (or mp3)

What we need to know is the source of the stream? Is it an audio file, or a live source?

If it is an audio file you can use this guide to encode it to the correct codecs for streaming VOD:

How to encode video on demand content

Please also take a look at the Quick Start Guide

Yes, this is an swf, or in other words a Flash application/Flash player which is playing a stream from an rtmp source.

If you are the owner of this swf, or have access to the rtmp stream then that is what you will need to be able to re-stream.

Salvadore

We need to know what the rtmp source is for this to work. What you are pointing to is a Flash player with a source stream. We need to know the source of that stream, and for Android, it needs to contain H.264 video and AAC or MP3 audio.

There is no guidance I can offer you to do this if you do not own the stream, other then try contacting the owner of the source and explain what you are trying to do.

Salvadore

Hi,

thanks for the reply, I was camping right on this site for a long time looking for solution, the swf file is actually is this : http://www.radiomalaysia.net/---/new_hitz.swf

Its a live source.

Im not the owner of the stream, my school project the aim is to gather all the stream feed in 1 app. Is there other way to do it?

OK, thanks for the assist

We need to know what the rtmp source is for this to work. What you are pointing to is a Flash player with a source stream. We need to know the source of that stream, and for Android, it needs to contain H.264 video and AAC or MP3 audio.

There is no guidance I can offer you to do this if you do not own the stream, other then try contacting the owner of the source and explain what you are trying to do.

Salvadore

Hi, is there any way possible that I can stream from the link and re-stream it to android?