Wowza Community

Almost tired

Hello,

I am a little bit tired of this, first of all I had to register 2 times in the wowza forums because when I registered myself with my real email adress: el_pedriyo@yahoo.es I did not receive the email activation, so I had register myself again with anothe email.

The second and most important thing is that yesterday I paid for wowza license, and I registered myself with el_pedriyo@yahoo.es to receive the license in that email, the surprise was that I did not receive anything and I checked up the spam folder and nothing in there…

I have also sent emails to support, billing and all wowza departments and I haven´t receive yet an answer.

So could you please solve me all this problems, I need to stream as quick as possible and this is taking to much time.

Thanks,

Pedro

I see your messages in our system. It is still early at the Billing office. I’m sure they will respond this morning soon.

Richard

I don’t think I can do that, that there is a way to do that. Is the active account you have on the forum now usable? Did you have many posts using the other account that is now a problem?

Richard

Will the working account suffice? Do you have a need for the one that does not work? You are able to post with this account.

Richard

Sounds good. Thanks. Hopefully Billing will respond soon.

Richard

And could you please activate or resend me the forums activation of the user: el_pedriyo@yahoo.es ?

I can login with the other account but I can not post anything

Well I will keep this account