Wowza Community

IP camera rebroadcast

Hi

I’m trying to rebroadcast an IP camera:

rtsp://95.0.225.243:1025/live3.sdp

it works fine on the vlc but it is not working on the wowza rebroadcast, do you have any idea why?

Thanks

I am not able to reach that to test. When you have it playing it VLC, take a look at Tools > Codec info. What info is there about the audio and video codec?

Richard

Hi

I’m trying to rebroadcast an IP camera:

rtsp://95.0.225.243:1025/live3.sdp

it works fine on the vlc but it is not working on the wowza rebroadcast, do you have any idea why?

Thanks

The RTSP stream is on port 554 and not 1025. I just put in “rtsp://95.0.225.243:554/live3.sdp” into VLC and I can see the video stream.

Hi,

If you have not seen our IP camera re-streaming tutorial already, please take a look.

Have you checked the Wowza logs? You may find an indication as to what the issue may be if you take a quick look in these files.

In the [Wowza-Install]/logs/ directory, you should be able to see the wowzastreamingengine_access.log and wowzastreamingengine_error.log files which can be opened with a text editor.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Richard,below is the info you requested:

stream 0

type video

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)

stream 1

type: audio

Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

stream 2

type video

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)

Resolution: 800x600

Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

stream 3

type: audio

Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

Hi there, Since you are seeing 2 sets of audio and video it indicates that UDP ports are blocked or not mapped properly to the server running Wowza. VLC is able to failover from UDP to TCP, and that is why you see two audio and two video blocks in that case. However many Android and other devices use UDP and are not able to failover.

Take a look at this guide:

How to troubleshoot RTSP/RTP playback

Networking (UDP and TCP setup)

Salvadore