Wowza Community

Debuging server side modules using eclipse

Hi,

I have installed Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.3 and configured Wowza IDE 2 eclipse plugin on a MAC machine having OSX 10.9. The problem i am facing is, when i try to debug a custom module which i have created, eclipse is throwing below exception

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ?Dcom/wowza/wms/native/base=osx

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ?Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base=osx

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

I re-installed streaming engine multiple times and tried to configure Wowza IDE with multiple version of eclipse. But in all cases i am getting the same behavior. If i build and deploy the module, then the module is working as expected. Only when i tried to debug i am getting above issue.

Can someone help me in resolving this issue?

Also Is there a detailed guide available explaining how to debug using Wowza IDE eclipse plugin?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sujil

I think the fix for this is to right click on the project in the left sidebar of Eclipse, select “properties” “Run/Debug”. Choose the project from the list, and click “edit” select the “Arguments” tab and add:

-Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base="osx"

to the list. Select “OK”

That should get rid of the error.

Salvadore

Can you provide a screenshot of your run configuration->arguments tab so we can review this setting?

Thanks for responding to my post

I already have this entry(-Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base=“osx”) in Run/Debug settings

Sujil

Hi matt_y,

Looks like the issue was with java installation on my machine.I reinstalled java and issue got resolved.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Sujil