Wowza Community

Wowza secure streaming using Flowplayer

hello,

I’m looking for make live secure streaming using Flowplayer,

I have find flowplayer.securestreaming plugin for link obfuscation, I want use this with my Wowza,

so @ Wowza site not have understand fine the right configuration, some guys have already make this type of configuration

and can help me to make this ? or there are a tutorial for flowplayer securestreaming + wowza ?

thanks,

steve

Steve,

As far as I know there is nothing required on the Wowza side for that. You will probably be interested in the Wowza Security Overview.

Richard

Steve,

In the Wowza 4 Manager, in Application > Outgoing Security > Client Restrictions, you can set allowed or disallowed IPs. If you are limiting to trusted IP(s), you may not need any further security.

Richard

Steve,

First, a correction: You want the Application > Outgoing Security page, and Client Restriction settings, which are same choice of include or exclude.

You should be able to use IP or domain name, and you can put multiple separated with comma. You can only allow or not allow. If you allow a domain or set of domains, you are not allowing every other domain. If you do not allow certain domain(s), you are allowing every other IP or domain.

Richard

Steve,

The HTML container’s IP does not matter in this case, it is the IP address of the player. The IP of the HTML container is the what you are trying to control when you use HotLinkDenial. If you are using that you might want to use htaccess rules if an IFrame is involved.

Richard

hi Richard,

for tell the truth I’m looking for a solution able to prevent stream view from unauthorized site/domain,

for example, I need view stream only from www.mydomain.com, if someone copy the rtmp link from page code and try to play stream from other domain, the stream must be not start .

thanks,

steve

hi Richard,

no have understand this : the client IPs is single IP client or IP domain ?

so, for example, if me trust only 10.10.10.1 can view stream only from this client IP or all client behind this IP/domain ?

thanks,

steve

hi Richard,

ok, but if have a player behind a iframe I need allow the domain where the player is launched or the site domain where I put the iframe with my player ?

thanks,

steve

hi Richard,

ok understand, thanks for your support .

steve