Wowza Community

Unable to find any WSE or WSE Manager services running after installation of WSE

Hi, need some urgent help here. I had installed the Wowza Streaming Engine into a server but was unable to run the software. The installation stated that it was completed and I selected the options to start Wowza Streaming Engine and the browser-based Streaming Engine Manager automatically after the installation is finished. However I was unable to connect to the Engine Manager with the error stating that it was unable to connect within thirty seconds. I proceeded to check the services MMC snap-in and noticed that there wasn’t any Wowza Streaming Engine and Wowza Streaming Engine Manager services found at all. Is there some configurations that I could have missed or done wrong? I tried installing the software in my local computer and it was able to work properly.

Things to note:

1. I’m using a Wowza Streaming Engine 4 Trial Edition license.

2. I installed the Java SDK 8, tried SDK 7 too but same issue.

3. JAVA_HOME variable was pointed to my Java folder.

4. Server is using Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter 64-bit OS.

5. Server’s installed with Intel Xeon CPU E5520 with 4GB Ram.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible, thanks a lot!

Hi,

Is the 64bit version of Java installed (important)?

You can check by opening a command window and typing:

java -version

check that java home is pointing to the 64bit java version:

set JAVA_HOME

Daren

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

So we can help troubleshoot, please open a ticket with support, by emailing support@wowza.com

and include a link to this thread and include zipped [install-dir]/conf and [install-dir]/logs

plus [install-dir]/manager/logs folders.

Daren

Hi Daren,

I have checked the Java version and Java home, details are as follows:-

java version “1.8.0_05”

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_05-b13)

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.5-b02, mixed mode)

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05

I was able to start up the Wowza Streaming Engine in standalone mode by executing the startup.bat in the bin file. But I just cannot get it to appear as a Windows service and start automatically. Same goes for the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager. Was there something else extra that I need to do for the Wowza installation to work properly in the server? The server is VPS hosting server which we are temporary using for the Wowza streaming.

Ricky