Wowza Community

ABR and Live player with MS Smooth/Silverlight

Hi all,

As described in title, how can I create a simple/dummy player (just play the source link) of ABR (the smil file) and stream with MS Smooth? Because I tested with www.wowza.com/testplayers it worked perfectly. But when I tried to create my own Silverlight application with Smooth streaming, all I could play was the vod, not live nor smil file.

Can you give me some advice for this ?

Thank you

Regards,

Anh-Dzung

Have you configured your application correctly?

Set the HTTPStreamers property to:

smoothstreaming

And set the Streams/LiveStreamPacketizers property to:

smoothstreamingpacketizer

If you aren’t using Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0 or later, you must add the following property to the HTTPStreamer/Properties container in [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml (be sure to get the correct Properties container; there are several in the Application.xml file):

<Property>
    <Name>smoothStreamingUseSMILBitrates</Name>
    <Value>true</Value>
    <Type>Boolean</Type>
</Property>

For more detailed information, please review this guide:

How to do adaptive bitrate streaming

Salvadore

Anh-Dzung,

The Silverlight smooth players in the Wowza /examples folder include source. You can modify in Visual Studio (or Expression, but limited)

Richard

Have you configured your application correctly?

Set the HTTPStreamers property to:

smoothstreaming

And set the Streams/LiveStreamPacketizers property to:

smoothstreamingpacketizer

If you aren’t using Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0 or later, you must add the following property to the HTTPStreamer/Properties container in [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml (be sure to get the correct Properties container; there are several in the Application.xml file):

<Property>
    <Name>smoothStreamingUseSMILBitrates</Name>
    <Value>true</Value>
    <Type>Boolean</Type>
</Property>

For more detailed information, please review this guide:

How to do adaptive bitrate streaming

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

yes, I have all the configurations up and running. When I tried to play with wowza tesplayers, with works well with all (vod/live/smil, I can see it change the bitrate as well). But when I tried with my simple app or even with sample from Wowza, it showed the bitrate, but black screen. Actually the ABR is running well with Adobe HDS. I guess that could be the problem of silverlight versions between the online testplayer and samples.

Regards