We've been using GoCoder for a few months now and up till the recent 1.4 release it was pretty good. Unfortunatey, 1.4 is a regression.
It no longer displays any error messages. For example, if the publish username or password is entered incorrectly, there is no message to tell the user that the login failed. We have mobile users in the field that get really frustrated. Our application is highly automated so it is not sufficient to say "check the server logs", there may not be anyone available to do so for some time.
Frequently, when stopping GoCoder after streaming for some time, the app crashes. While not a huge problem, it is annoying.
1. Bring back error messages. Even better would be to write to an app log on the iphone and have an option to display the log.
2. Allow more flexibility in setting the bit rate. Why not allow *any* value.
3. Allow setting of priority when up against the bit rate limit, priority to fps, or image quality or balance between both.
4. Have the ability to overlay some text on the video with the option of displaying the date and time.
5. Allow direct control over the amount of compression.
Items 2 thru 5 (in order of importance) are based in what we get from the Axis P3364 cameras we use at the moment.
We have limited bandwidth at some of our remote sites and limit the cameras to 450Kbps with priority given to frame rate. This has worked really well and the image quality is very acceptable.
We appreciate everything you do to make Wowza products best of breed. Keep up the good work!