Wowza Community

Help cant get wowza to work with centos beesmart

Hello I am new to beesmart lite and wowza and having many problems I have done about 50 installs now.

This is what happens - if i install centos and beesmart then in the browser type http://localhost:85/omniplay/admin) beesmart is working perfect so the next step i install wowza after and i type localhost:1935 it says wowza streaming engine but if i type localhost:8088/enginemanager i get unable to connect.

so i installed centos without beesmart and installed yum install java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel and then wowza worked perfect so I then installed beesmart and during install it gets stuck on configuring oracle.

so i installed again centos, then beesmart, then i installed wowza when i tried the /etc/init.d/Wowza command it said something about which and symbol

So it seems I can install one or the other but not on the same machine.

Can some one please explain how to get this working - this is what I am trying to do.

1 : Install Centos and then install beesmart lite

2 : install wowza

3 : have them both working together

Thank for your time

Hello,

It sounds like there is probably a port conflict. With Wowza installed last, and started last, check the startup lines for bind errors. You can start Wowza in stand alone mode /bin/startup.bat|startup.sh and view the logs in the console.

Looking here at oracle ports: http://docs.oracle.com/html/B10262_01/ports.htm

Oracle HTTP Server JServ Servlet Engine: 8007-8107, so Wowza is probably not binding to 8086 and 8088.

Every VHost.xml /HostPort /IpAddress must be unique within Wowza (as compared to other HostPorts in the same file or other VHost.xml files if there are multile VHosts) and outside Wowza. Another application cannot bind to the same IPAddress/Port as any Wowza HostPort. If there is any duplication there will be bind ERROR messages in the log file after startup.

Salvadore

Thank you for the reply I am going to do a fresh install and see if I can find the problem with your information.

Regards

if you have two IPs available, assign one to oracle and the other to Wowza in VHost.xml /HostPort /IpAddress or, use different ports in Wowza:

Configuring streaming ports

Salvadore

In your router you need to port forward TCP port 1935 to the computer running Wowza. Or on your network you need to map port 1935 to the server running Wowza.

If using a router, this site may be helpful in setting the router correctly:

www.portforward.com

Salvadore

Hi I am getting a binging error, is there a post on how to change the default port from 8088 to another port?

Thanks

ok I have been trying this for 3 days now changeing what ever I can think off does any one know what the problem is here is part of the Log.

It does not tell me what port is in use.

if i verify on wowza-ip-address:1935 it says running engine 4

but when i use wowza-ip-address:8088/enginemanager I get…

http page unable to connect any ideas ???

Thank you.

INFO server comment - RESTServer: Bind attempt ([any]:8087)

INFO server comment - RESTServer: Bind successful ([any]:8087)

INFO server comment - Wowza REST API started

ERROR server comment - REST API: Server request (GET): IP WhiteList blocked (10.1.1.4)-403: http://10.1.1.4:8087/v1/server/server

INFO server comment - RESTServer: Using configs from:/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/

INFO server comment - RESTServer: SSL:No

INFO server comment - RESTServer: BasicAuth:No

INFO server comment - RESTServer: Digest:Yes

INFO server comment - RESTServer: XML Viewer:No

INFO server comment - CMDInterface now listening: [any]:8083

ERROR server comment - server core failure: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

java.net.BindException: Address already in use

at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:126)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor.registerNew(SocketAcceptor.java:519)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor.access$1100(SocketAcceptor.java:41)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.run(SocketAcceptor.java:326)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:43)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

INFO server comment - MediaCache[MediaCache]: Thread pool size: [writer/readahead]:4/2

INFO server comment - MediaCache[MediaCache]: MAX Pending size: [writer/readahead]:500M/25M

INFO server comment - MediaCache[MediaCache]: Add store: path:/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/mediacache maxSize:10737418240

INFO server comment - MediaCache[MediaCache]: Add source[dvrorigin]: prefix:dvrorigin/ basePath:http://

INFO server comment - MediaCache[MediaCache]: Flushing cache: start

INFO server comment - MediaCache[MediaCache]: Flushing cache: done

INFO server comment - MediaCache[MediaCache]: Start MediaCache GC

INFO server comment - MediaCache[MediaCache]: Started

INFO vhost vhost-start defaultVHost -

INFO server comment - defaultVHost threads[h/t]:0/0 home:/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine

INFO vhost comment defaultVHost Bind attempt ([any]:1935:4)

INFO vhost comment defaultVHost Bind successful ([any]:1935)

INFO vhost comment defaultVHost Bind attempt ([any]:8086:2)

INFO vhost comment defaultVHost Bind successful ([any]:8086)

INFO server comment - Server.startShutdownHook: Start server shutdown hook

INFO server comment - StatsManager:startManager() Enabled=true

INFO server comment - Wowza Streaming Engine is started!