Wowza Community

Live stream buffering problem

Hi,

I have problem with live streaming. When buffering happened in live event, video pause at the time buffering starts and after finish buffering and playing back again, video start at the time buffering starts. that means if something happened at the time you’re buffering, you’ll see it after some times.

I want live stream to be really live even if I lose some part of video.

But I really don’t know how can I do it. I read user manual chapter by chapter and I’ve googled my problem but I didn’t find anything useful.

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot.

How are you trying to playback (hls, hds, rtmp etc)? You might find troubleshooting live streams to be of use.

There is not a Wowza solution to this. You would have to detect the buffering client-side and reconnect. I don’t have any specific examples of experience to lend to that, but For iOS clients using HTML5 video tag take a look at this article for a starting place on using javascript with video tag. If you are using JW Player’s HLS desktop, they have a javascript API that might help accomplish this and there are examples of monitoring data and re-starting streams in this JW Player 6 article

Richard

Hi Matty,

I’m doing HLS Streaming. Let me clear the problem for you. I want my stream to be like this: if camera is on 00:01:10, the end user player should be on 00:00:40 (Including delays time). The player start buffering at 00:00:40 for 10 seconds. It means camera moves forward to 00:01:20. But when buffering end, player continue playing live video on 00:00:40! I want player to skip that 10 seconds that happened in buffering time and continue playing at 00:00:50.

Thanks a lot.